Monday, December 29, 2008

Explanation on who we are

Hi everyone,

I'm Carolyn Kimbley and I am married to Glenn. God has blessed us with a wonderful marriage and we love each other very much. Glenn has been given the wonderful opportunity to retire this past November. It did take some adjustment on both of our lives. Since Glenn had worked nights driving a UPS truck to Dallas since we have been married, it took some adjustment on my part on giving up the remote control for our TV at night. I had really gotten used to being able to watch anything (HGTV and CSI) that I wanted without having to worry what anyone else wanted to watch. Glenn had to adjust to me calling a million times a day the first few weeks, saying "Well, what are you doing now, where are you going & when are you getting back?" I have learned to ignore that he is at home and I am at work by telling myself, your time will come. Right now, I do really enjoy my job and I love the people that I work with in our office. I work in the Business Office of Gladewater ISD. Glenn has hunted non stop since his retirement happened to coincide with deer season. Hmmmmm! He actually saw a 8 point deer out of our top bathroom window. After running down the stairs, grabbing his rifle, trying to load a rifle that was already loaded, dropping shells all over the kitchen floor, he made it back upstairs. The deer by that time had moved through the pasture and now we had to move the bed in the upstairs bedroom, ease open the window, (lucky for Glenn, he had never replaced the screen on that window) and he shot the deer. We had that deer for lunch at our weekly Sunday lunches. Never a dull moment at our house. We have 5 children between us. Jaime, Shannon, Luke, Tim and Allison. Jaime is married to Jay. They have 4 children between them. Erica, Trey, Taylor and Zach. Jaime has been blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom and Jay works for Union Pacific as a engineer. Erica has 3 precious little girls, Ally, Jordan and Mariah. Taylor was my first grandchild. She is now 15 years old. It seems like the time has flown. Taylor spent the night with me when she was only a couple of weeks ago and she started me on the wonderful road of being a grandmother. Zach was our second grandchild and he started out with a scare in the NICU of the hospital. But everything turned out great and now we had a girl and a boy grandchild. Our second in line, Shannon is married to Richard. They have 2 children. Our third grandchild, Collin who is 7 and our fourth grandchild Katie, who is 4. We have been blessed with Shannon and her family living a stone's throw from us. I get to take Collin to school and Katie to day care almost every day. Shannon works for Kilgore College and Richard works for Coca Cola. Our third child, Luke is married to Alisha. At this time, Luke is attending Seminary in Dallas, teaching a class at a private school in Longview, leading the music at different churches, directing a youth class on Wednesday nights, among other things. Alisha is a school teacher at White Oak ISD and also works part time for Arts View. Tim is an ex Marine, and is married to Christy. Tim works for Union Pacific in the IT department. They are blessed and so are we with our 5th and 6th grandchildren. Two red headed little boys, Grayson who is 3 going on 15 and Hudson who is 2. Our last but not least and maybe a little spoiled is Allison who is married to Zach. They have our 7th grandchild, Brady. It is hard to put into words what these 7 little lives mean to us. I always wondered could I love any other child like I love mine? But after marrying Glenn, and over the years, I realized that I could love other children like my own. I at this point, feel that I have 5 children, not just 3. I love those 5 kids! But those grandchildren, they can really do no wrong. I have my moments, I get grumpy sometimes and yes, I even yell. But when those kids look at me with their beautiful eyes, look out world, I would give them or do anything for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment