Saturday, September 2, 2017

It's been 7 years since I posted. Hard to believe so much as happened. Happy times and heart broken times in these last years. We have had 2 more grandkids born, 2 grandchildren's weddings, and 2 great grandchildren born. We love to cruise so we cruise 3 - 6 cruises a year. Love looking for bargains on cruises. We have had a heart breaking incident happen in our family that is still ongoing. Some things that hurt so much at the time have become normal again. For example, the month before I retired, I shared with my husband that I couldn't wait to reconnect with several old friends and start going to lunch with them. Then I realized that one of my "friends" that I had so enjoyed reading about her and her family on Facebook and she always commented on my family suddenly took me off of her Facebook. This is a "friend" that my youngest was best friends with her daughter at school and we used to see each other all the time. Then life happened and our girls grew up and we didn't stay in the same circles so Facebook was a great way to keep in touch. I couldn't wait to go to lunch with her and catch up. Then I'm deleted as one of her friends on Facebook but other family members weren't deleted. I contacted her through messenger and asked if I had done something wrong and if I did I wanted to apologize and set it straight. She told me that she was just cleaning up her Facebook and didn't mean anything personally. Then she slammed me on her blog and on her Facebook (which family members told me about). This situation made me doubt all the old friendships that maybe I wasn't as close to them and friends as much as I thought. It took me awhile to pray through this and realize she wasn't the kind of friend that I wanted to be around. The Christian words that come out of her mouth are just words. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment