How did I get to this age? I remember thinking that anyone in their fifties was old. I really don't think that anymore. I think now, wow, people in their fifties don't look as old as they did when I was in my twenties. It really seems as if it was just a few years that we were raising kids and going to dance recitals, baseball games, cheer leading camps, football games, tennis matches, etc. Of course, now we are going to baseball games, basketball games, choir programs, award ceremonies at schools but it is now for grand kids. I remember going to eat with my oldest grandchild when she was in kindergarten and now she is in high school. I feel like that I am going to turn around and she will have kids of her own. Where does time fly? I hope that I am taking time to live to the fullest. I find it hard to tell when you are actually in the moment. I can only tell when I look back. I realize now and I hope I have told my kids enough that they understand, the choices you make when you are young will affect your entire life. There is not much that I regret in life, one of them was not going to college. I realize people say that I could go now but I really don't want to at this point. But I look back and know that I would have had more choices in the job situation if I would have gone to college. You always want more for your kids and grand kids than you had for yourself. Of course, I want them to have no regrets but life isn't like that. It's hard to make those choices living in the moment. Hindsight is always better. One of my co-workers is retiring and it is changing things in our office but I want to keep a positive attitude towards this change. Maybe I really don't like change after all. On lighter notes, you should see Buster (our new puppy) he loves Glenn. When Glenn is outside, Buster is right next to him. Glenn was painting on the porch this week and Buster has paint on him from where he got up against the paint can. Glenn has been cutting trees this week in our back pasture getting ready to plant more pine trees. Like I tell all the grand kids, be careful of the pine trees, this could be your hummer one day. Well, work is calling and I need to get ready. Hope everyone has a great day! Oh by the way, we are having a birthday part for Glenn's mom Sunday, she is in her eighties but doesn't look it or act it! We should have a lot of fun with her on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remember thinking that 30 was old and that all those people with little kids looked tired and frumpy. I now know it's not that old and why they looked like that!
ReplyDelete