Friday, January 30, 2009

Salvation is Precious

The wise wait on God; the foolish believe He should wait on them. "Therefore, the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him." Isaiah 30:18
Sometimes my week goes by so quickly, that I realize at the end of that week that I didn't spend near enough time praising and talking to God. I guess I expected Him to just sit and wait for me to get un busy (don't really think that is a word, but I like it) enough to spend some time with Him. If I treated my husband or family like this, it wouldn't be very long before problems would crop up. But my God is gracious enough to forgive me when I ask for forgiveness and is always there when I call on Him. I got to thinking this evening that I am not sure that I have ever told anyone my salvation experience. I was saved at a very young age. I think I was around 8. I had been brought up in church from the time I was two. I remember listening to Bro. Bates as I was sitting beside my mom and it was like I couldn't control the feeling that I felt in my heart when I first heard God calling my name. I was so shy back then that I can't really believe that I made it out into the aisle. But there was no holding me back. I remember when I was baptized that our pastor thought that I was too small to stand in the water so he held me in his arms and then bent down to baptize me. I remember looking out into the church and thinking how embarrassed I was to be held and not to be able to stand. I rededicated my life at GA camp a couple of years later and that was when I realized that I needed to be reading my Bible. I started back then reading and studying and I have to be honest that I haven't always been faithful. I guess I just needed to tell my salvation story. One thing that I do know is that when I die I will go to Heaven to be with God. That is an assurance that I am happy, joyful, relieved, and thankful to have. I want to make sure all of our kids, grand kids, friends also have that assurance. Please pray for me that I can share this with my family. I pray at this moment for God to speak to whoever is reading this post to search their heart and make sure that they have that assurance also. We love our family so much and would die for them. We need to realize that God loved us so much that He sent His son to die for us. What a wonderful thing that He did for us when we never deserved it. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Good post! I thank the Lord for speaking to my heart in that very same sanctuary when I was about ten years old. I was as shy as you at the time & I thought I would just die standing in the front of that church body with Bro. Bates beside me!
    Praise God for saving our souls & I pray He get all the glory from your sharing your personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same Sanctuary....same Pastor. Only difference is I was scared to death of Bro. Bates...thought he might drown me. I was nine. God is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete