Thursday, January 1, 2009

Chucky Cheese (yes, you are never too old)

If you want a fun day, go to Chucky Cheese with some of the grand kids. We had a blast yesterday. Collin was all over the place trying to collect as many of those little tickets as he could. Katie was playing everything she could find and was not even interested in eating. Shannon and Katie were the last to eat their pizza. Glenn, Grayson, Hudson and myself were the first to dig into the pizza. Grayson has always told us "Chucky Cheese is my favorite place to go" even though he had never been there before. I think he dragged Grandpa to every game to play. Hudson and I stayed at the game where you can throw the balls into the holes and get tickets. He loved just rolling the ball up and down the lane and I could grab one every little bit and get to play also. On the way over, Grayson entertained Grandpa and myself with his non stop dialogue from the back seat. At one time, he asked me if we were going north, if so, that was the correct direction because that was where Santa lived. Grayson also told Grandpa after he finished explaining something to him that he (Grayson) would need to write that down. Where does this kid come up with all of this??? We called the oldest grand kids but to my surprise (ha, ha) they were still asleep. We wanted them to come also but I have a feeling they would have been bored. Allie thought Brady would be too little and she was probably right. They didn't have many games for the little ones and Hudson was borderline. Good times and good memories. It brought back memories of me taking the older grand kids to Chucky Cheese. Back then, Glenn was working so he couldn't come. I'm glad he is able to come now.

No comments:

Post a Comment