Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Snakes in the grass

It has really been different with Glenn retired. What I thought would happen hasn't happened. Silly me, I thought a lot of work around the house including inside the house would be done and I would come home to just sit and relax. Why did I think that? God had other plans for Glenn and he willingly opened his heart and mind to listen to God. Glenn stays so busy with visiting, praying, reading his Bible and ministering to folks that I have had to rethink what I was thinking about retirement. To have come home to just sit and relax would have put more weight on my body and as every woman knows, a man just can't clean their house as well as they can. I have had to really search my heart and the Bible to understand that God's work comes first. Now that I have realized it, it seems like everything else around the house is gradually getting done also without Glenn having to give up spiritual time. What a blessing! I am learning to be flexible but for those of you that know me know I really like to have things lined out in my life. I am understanding now what it really means to put God first. I have always been like a Martha not a Mary and its hard to break old habits. Things are happening in our kids lives as well. Luke and Alisha are starting a new career in their life. Luke will be starting a church here in Gladewater. It will be an extension of their church in Longview. Please pray for them as they plant this church. Us girls, Allie, Shannon, Jaime & Taylor, getting ready for New York City. Still can't believe it. We will be leaving in June for that. Christy & Tim expecting that new baby. Can't hardly wait to hold him/her. Tim is in Salt Lake City this week and I know Christy will be glad when he returns. Can't hardly believe it but Katie will be graduating in May from preschool. She will starting kindergarten in August. Wow!! Man, you should have been here Sunday. Even if I do say so myself, lunch was fantastic. Chicken and dressing, baked chicken, ribs and everything that goes with that. I love the gathering on Sundays after church. On another note, my ferns look they have been put in a washing machine and then pulled back out. They are very sad looking. I really ought to post a picture of them on here but they are really too sad looking. Anybody got any hints?? Well, I guess I better get ready for church. We are going to eat and then have a Bible lesson. Talk more later. Oh you thought I forgot about my title "snakes in the grass" well you were right. I glanced up at that and remembered what I was actually going to post! Glenn & I were outside in the backyard last night cleaning up where an old building had been. Not one but 2 snakes were discovered. Now Glenn will never kill snakes, he always bends down and actually picks the snake up and as he gently puts in over the fence, he always says "Now don't come back" I warned him again, I will kill that snake if I ever get a chance and he's not here. I will kill, kill, kill, no going over the fence for that snake. Okay that's my snake story. Do you have one?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a snake story, but I have one about my little sister last year. She found six, yes 6, copperheads in her flowerbed, they were up under the rocks near a fountain. My brother-in-law is like Glenn, he doesn't kill them, he put them in a barrel in his truck and carried them down the road to let them out. Now when they found the water moccasin on their porch swing, he killed that one!

    Glad yall are able to go to church on Wednesday nights, we always loved wed. nites when we could go.

    Tell me where Lukes church is going to be, so I can spread the word.

    I am so excited for your family....you have a lot going on. God is very good.

    ReplyDelete