Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday & Sunday

Glenn & I drove around on Saturday afternoon. We love to just ride the roads and take a picnic meal & eat & drive. Weird, but we like it. In the area that we rode to this day, you would never guess what we saw. Reindeer, or deer that looked just like reindeer! After telling the kids, the first thing Jay said was "Did you see Santa Claus?" Good question, now I wish I had looked a little harder, but the answer was no. We marvel at the world that God created. Some of the area we drive in looks like time has stopped and no one has been around in years. Then we turn a corner and there is new construction, very strange. We had a great Sunday, lotsa of family and good food. Another birthday celebrated. I would tell you how old Welton is but I'm not sure that he doesn't read this blog! Brady starts with Mzz Terry tomorrow. There is no one that I can think of that I trust more than this lady. When Allie was just 4, her and her best friend Rebeka loved the New Kids on the Block. When Terry's husband Kevan said he was taking Rebeka and asked if he could take Allie, I said yes. There are not many people that I would have allowed to take my 4 year old with them to Houston. Poor Kevan, Allie stayed awake until the New Kids on the Block came out and then she slept in his lap the entire time. What a man! Terry will have fun with Brady, he is a sweetheart, even if I am his grandma. Grayson, Hudson, Collin & Katie had the best time in the shop today. We even loaded them up and let them see Grandpa saw down the last tree that needed to be cut in the pasture. No fighting, no fussing, just pure enjoyment of family time. What a picture perfect Sunday. Ryan and his new to be family came and it just made everything perfect. Shannon & Richard got to go to the show for the afternoon while the kids stayed with us. I know they enjoyed the time away. Back to work tomorrow, but knowing that Sunday will come again makes it worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Your family dinners and time with your kids make me green with envy! What a wonderful blessing for all of you. Such special memories being made for the little ones! I admire you for keeping this tradition going!

    Brady is a sweetheart, he is watching Big Bird right now. He is a bit more into Big Bird than I am, so I decided to check my mail! I think he and I will have a fun time together, he is a charming young man and so very smart! I know you would rather be with him than at work! I promise to love him & take good care of him.

    ReplyDelete